TOMORROW'S TECHNOLOGY TODAY
AEROSTAT SURVEILLANCE SYSTEM
Ultra-persistent aerostat surveillance systems range from R-Lite, a two man portable system; to R3, a 30m aerostat with enhanced detection capabilities. The range also includes R2, the only aerostat surveillance system used throughout campaigns in Iraq and Afghanistan and to be taken into core equipment after the conflicts.
Commercial and military applications for these tethered aerostats include border surveillance, force protection, oil and gas security, asset protection and situational awareness. Operational altitude from 100m to 3,500m above sea level provides detection and identification up to 20km.
Systems can be configured to carry payloads up to 200kg, typically including electro-optic (EO) and infra-red (IR) sensors, laser pointers, laser rangefinders, communications relays and radar.
Sustained deployment with a small team of personnel provides unrivalled capability. Compared to the short burst capability of UAVs (drones), aerostat systems are capable of persistent (7+ days continuous) surveillance.
The systems' modular design mean they can be adapted to suit almost any application and can be deployed equally effectively on land or at sea. They can be trailer-mounted or ISO-container based, and larger systems can be supplied with a unique self-levelling ground-handling system which negates the need for expensive infrastructure.
All systems can be supplied with optional 24/7 in-country support, and come with a comprehensive 2 year warranty as standard.
- Operational height from 100m
- Range of sensor options
- Safety auto-deflation system
- Internal GPS geofence and automatic GPS tracker
- Border surveillance
- Force protection
- Oil and gas security
- Asset protection
- Situational awareness
- Operational altitude from 100m to 3,500m ASL, providing long range detection
- Typical payloads include: EO and IR sensors, Laser pointers, Laser rangefinder, Comms relays, Radar
- Day / night surveillance from 700m* (2 man portable system) to 20km*+ (30m system)
- Sustained deployment provides 24/7 intelligence and surveillance
- Moving target indicator detects moving object within a screen, and indicates the speed at which that object is moving on ground or in water
- Comprehensive early warning system for adverse weather detection, minimises chance of damage due to extreme conditions (including lightning strike)
- All 3d Evolution systems are engineered for reliability, redundancy and supportability to ensure maximum ISR
- Optional air conditioned operators' and maintainers' facilities in ISO modules - easy to relocate if required, no permanent infrastructure necessary
- Superior envelope fabric - life expectancy 5+ years, even in harsh UV environments
- Modular design, can be adapted to suit almost any application
- Unique self-levelling ground handling system - negates the need for expensive infrastructure
- Complete solution includes everything required to deploy and operate
- Optional 24/7 in-country support
- Comprehensive 2 year warranty
All material and information are copyright of Defence Logistics Ltd